Monday, August 5, 2013

Cup Coffee

Cup Coffee
Address:85 Russell Street, West End, QLD 4101
http://www.cupcoffee.com.au/

Z and I have been on the hunt for a 'good' coffee place in West End. I use the term 'good' in a very different sense here as I am soy drinker and my definitions of a 'good' will be very different to most coffee drinkers. For starters, the burnt/over roasted coffee flavour is just offensive to my palate and I get extremely particular about the brand of soymilk used.

Yes, I apologies that I am a bit of a coffee snob and that so far, most places in West End has not risen to my expectations.

Cup honestly wasn't even on my raider in the beginning. I was only drawn to the place one day when I walked past its warehouse-esque front and saw the massive robot mural.

Even if you are just slightly fanatical about robots, how can you NOT walk in?

Anyway, Z and I popped in one fine Sunday morning for brunch. I ordered my classc soy latte and Z asked for the hot chocolate and both of us went for the Shakshuka (a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, chili peppers, onions, often spiced with cumin).

The coffee, I have to say is probably the best I have tried in West End so far (saying that, there are lots of cafes in West End and I have yet to try them all). But I will begin with saying that it nicely roasted coffee - not burnt, and I could be wrong here, but I am pretty sure that they used Bonsoy (the one that gives the nutty flavours not the ones with chemical taste)...

As for the hot chocolate, Z and I couldn't come to an agreement. I thought it was pretty fantastic, whilst he thought it was a bit too sweet. Then again, I am the one with the sweet-tooth.

As for the food, we both thought the shakshuka was pretty good. I had do a lil Googling after I got home as I have never tried a shakshuka before and honestly I had nothing to compare that to. So other than offering the word 'delicious', I guess I'd have to leave it there until I have tried more shakshukas to compare against.

Overall, both Z and I would happily return to Cup Coffee for both coffee and food and say hello to the giant robot!

Recommended:The Coffees are all good!

Curious to Try:The french toast

Cup Coffee on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment