Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Phuc Deli-Viet

Phuc Deli-Viet
Indooroopilly Westfield
5 Musgrave Rd, Indooroopilly QLD 4068, Australia 2 Edmondstone St, South Brisbane, Qld 4101

It is in my belief that a good pho can be the cure of many things - cold and flu, winter blues and hangover on a big night out.

Okay, so there is no scientific research behind my claims, but I swear that it works on me (or it could be the psychological thing?).

Anyways, after big night out on Friday, I woke up on Sat morning and craved for pho. With Trang being all the way in West End, I was in no shape to get myself there in one piece.

After some quick research, I decided to head to Phuc Deli-Viet.

Getting there was quite easy - a simple bus ride away. And once there, the entrance from the bus stop leads right to the food court and of course, Phuc Deli-Viet.

Now, I have always reserved my opinion about food court food. Don't get me wrong, there are some really good ones but most of them really lack the finesse and ambience that you get in the restaurants.

But the funny thing about Phuc Deli-Viet is that although it is located in the food court, the exterior of the shopfront are done so well, if you ignore the background, you could almost pretend that you are in a restaurant (although the plastic spoons and the takeaway chopsticks do ruin the effect...)

Anyway, I got there just after noon and already, a line has started to form at Phuc Deli-Viet and luckily I managed to secure a table for myself (which when dining by yourself can be a problem).

I ordered the Pho - Special and I have to agree, at $16, it is one of the most expensive pho I have ever paid for. Nevertheless, I stood my ground (because I was craving pho at that moment in time).

The pho arrived fast enough and it portion was MASSIVE and filled with meaty toppings.

The soup is also clear (as it should be) and very tasty. Now, I am never any good at telling if there's any MSG in the food, but heck, the Pho was good and I really didn't care at that point.

All in all, very pleased with the experience. Although it is a tad expensive (psychologically, it is just difficult to justify paying this much at a foodcourt), the taste and the portion really makes up for what you pay for.

Be back again after my next big night out. :p

Recommended: Pho - special

Directions: King George Square Bust stop - catch the P88 or 444. The bus stops right in front of the Indooroopilly shopping centre. Walk in through the entrance behind the bus stop. Foodcourt is on the same level and Phuc Deli-Viet is not missable.

Phuc Deli - Viet on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment