Monday, March 10, 2014

Malt Dining

Malt Dining
Address: 28 Market Street,Brisbane QLD 4000
http://maltdining.com.au/

Malt Dining has to be one of those places that despite the expensive prices, I really did enjoy my visit and would like to go back again and again.

The establishment is located near Eagle St Pier in the CBD and is split between in three levels.

Whilst downstairs is good for a drink and catch up for some casual chatter with colleagues on a Friday evening, the restaurant in the Attic is a hidden gem (maybe because the menu is quite pricey?).

Anyway, I have been to Malt several time before for drinks and never had the opportunity to venture further up to try the restaurant despite the raving reviews I have been hearing about the place.

So one fine Friday evening, I dragged a friend along to find out what Malt is all about.

We were quite pleasantly surprised as we were seated almost immediately without a reservation on a busy Friday evening. The waiters were attentive and knowledgeable (without being too pushy).

As the mains were prices at around $40 pp, we did decide to forego entree and jump straight to the main. My friend orders the rabbit whilst I had the beef cheek.


We did not have to wait for long for our dishes and when they arrived, the flavours on both were simply fantastic. The meats where tender and juicy and even the salad (and vegetables) accompanied the dishes were seasoned perfectly.

Accompany that with the beautiful presentation of each dish, we simply devoured our mains and rubbed our tummies in culinary delight.


Now, from what I am aware of, the rabbit that they use to serve has been rotated out of the menu (I have a feeling that the menus are seasonal). However, that should not deter anyone from going to Malt! Given the amount of care and attention that we were shown during our visit and the great reviews I have been hearing from my friends in Sydney (no less!), they take great care in making sure every visit is a pleasant one.

Recommended: The beef cheek... I am still drooling

Malt Dining on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment