Monday, March 3, 2014

PJ's Steaks

PJ's Steaks
Address: 2/173 Boundary St, West End QLD 4101
https://www.facebook.com/PJsSteaks

Working with a few Americans in the company,PJ's came onto my radar as I noticed my colleagues disappear on long lunches, especially when it's game season. Later on, I found out that it is because PJ's shows the NBA and the baseballs during lunch time and offers decent philly cheese steaks.

So based on their warm reviews of the place, I've decided to join them for lunch one day and find out for myself what the philly cheese steaks are all about.

PJ's is located on Boundary St in West End, next to Atomica Eats and across the road from Spaghetti House.

The exterior of the restaurant has a glass window that they inherited from the previous eatery, however it allows curious passerbys to look into the kitchen and see what's cooking.

PJ's normally do a special during lunch, where you'd get a sub of the day, fries and a can of drink for around $10-$12. If you do work near th earea, it is a pretty sweet deal. Otherwise, to be honest, buying them separately are not that expensive anyway.

Despite being to US several times, I have never actually made my way to Philadelphia or have tried philly cheese steak for that matter.

But from my understanding, typically philly cheese steak is basically thinly sliced steak with heaps of cheese on a bun (this is probably over simplified, but you get the gest).

And PJ's, although I can't vouch for its authenticity, I have to say, it is pretty tasty, full of flavours and cheesy goodness (although probably not the healthiest thing on the planet).

I also had some their fries with rosemary salt and it is very delish! It is fried to perfection - crispy exterior and potato soft interior.

I am definitely looking forward to going back for more!

Recommended: Philly cheese stake with fries

PJ's Steaks on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment